Monday, July 31, 2023

Work Pencil Holders

These were my first attempt at mixed media, and they started my mixed media adventure.  Both pieces are on my desk at work.  Also created a matching vase and frame (not shown yet).


  • Recycled Paper Pencil holders:  Originally these were green and super sun faded.
  • Acrylic Paint Colors:  Blue, Black, Gold, Silver, Bronze, etc.
  • Embellishments:  Metal, paper flowers, buttons, beads, hot glue molds, wood shapes, etc.
  • Texture:  Paper towel, texture paste, paper die cuts - I found that the more expensive paper towels keep the texture better.  Dollar store paper towel don't work well.

Front

Back - Magnetic
Cogs:  Cardstock Paper Die Cuts with gilding wax

Side


All 4 sides - I move it around so I never get bored.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Rebel Journal